Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Wrapping up a Series

by L. Diane Wolfe

The fourth and final instalment in my In Darkness series comes out this month. And there’s something both satisfying and a little bittersweet about finishing a series.

The four novellas don’t follow the same characters all the way through the series, so it’s not a sadness of missing old friends I’d been with a while. I will miss coming up with new twists on the paranormal romance genre though.

It’s great knowing I did finish this series since time to write is fleeting in between my responsibilities with Dancing Lemur Press and my clients. (Fortunately, two stories were completed and polished over seven years ago, one was finished almost 30 years ago and needed a rewrite, and only one did I have to write from scratch.) It’s a different genre for me, which was also exciting.

Of course, I have a lot of other stories and ideas that could fit into the paranormal romance category should I decide to continue the series!

But for now, I present to you the final novella, The Alien.


In Darkness: The Alien
By L. Diane Wolfe

Souls shrouded in darkness…

Abducted from her research station, Liz’s life is flung into chaos. Sold into servanthood for her knowledge of planetary mining to a race called the Stren, she discovers her problems go far deeper. She is to marry her alien master, Krist, after enduring a procedure designed to eradicate her emotions.

Desperate, Liz persuades the Stren to grant her the duration of a short voyage to change his perception of emotions. But how can she convince someone lacking feelings of their value? And is there a means of accessing the emotional side of Krist?

Release date – February 6, 2024 from Dancing Lemur Press, L.L.C.
Romance-Science Fiction / Science Fiction-Alien Contact / Romance-Paranormal
eBook ISBN 9781939844972

Book Links:
Amazon                                       iTunes
Barnes & Noble                             Kobo
Scribed                                  Goodreads



A professional speaker and author, L. Diane Wolfe conducts seminars, offers book formatting, and author consultation. She’s an editor at Dancing Lemur Press, L.L.C. and contributes to the Insecure Writer’s Support Group.

4 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Thanks for letting me highlight series and my latest book.

Fundy Blue said...

Congratulations, Diane! I definitely want to read your series this year! This novella sounds so good. I didn't realize that people were still posting on this website. I'll have to put a plug in my next IWSG post for it. Have a good evening! I think we're five hours apart right now.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Louise, if you are still in Hawaii, yes, we are five hours apart. My best friend lives on Maui and it's so rare we get to speak on the phone due to the time difference.

MELODY JACOB said...

Congratulations on reaching the conclusion of your In Darkness series, L. Diane Wolfe! It's always a mix of emotions when finishing a series, isn't it?